Become a local leader and team member of “Voters Without Borders”!
ECIT (European Citizens, Involvement, trust) is looking for communication interns to join the team in Brussels for unpaid internships for a minimum of 3 months that can be funded by Erasmus+ or a university programme.
We are looking for candidates to help “crack” the one million target for the ECI.
AS A COMMUNICATION INTERN, YOU WILL
- Support the communication strategy of our ECI campaign and the management of our social media platforms and website, in English and in any other language you master;
- Build partnerships to campaign transnationally on the issue of political rights;
- Coordinate and post original, engaging, and branded content across all social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Twitter to get the ECI mentioned in mainstream media.
- Produce video content in close collaboration with the project management team. You will be involved in all aspects of the video production process: planning, camera operation, interviewing and editing, as well as help with the communication on social media.
- Strong written and oral communication skills in English, any other European language is a plus;
- Good knowledge of EU institutions and decision-making processes;
- Excellent knowledge of social media tools and understanding of corporate use of social networks (creating engaging and appropriate content);
- Experience using WordPress;
- Some knowledge of creating logos and visuals;
- Able to take initiative with team spirit but also to work independently;
- Quick learner and desire to apply their skills in an important and dynamic campaign.
WHAT WE OFFER:
- A wide variety of tasks in a young multicultural work environment;
- Valuable insights into the media world of EU youth and democracy projects;
The ECI is gaining high-profile support. For example, On 29 October 2020 we participated in a public hearing in the European Parliament and on 4 February we spoke before the Committee of the Regions. We have endorsements from many MEPs and politicians. There have been articles in media outlets such as the Economist
and the Süddeutsche Zeitung. It is a great opportunity to write or be interviewed by one such big newspaper, write a column with your name on a well-known blog in your country.
WHAT TO CONSIDER:
The internship will start on April 7 and you will work remotely. It is an unpaid internship unless you receive funding or are applicable for grants such as Eramus. We expect
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your CV with a letter of motivation to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate which region/city you know best. Application deadline is March 16!